- . Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil on medium until glossy. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add in pasta sauce, brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of pepper, and 1 tbs each of garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning. Mix well and cover with lid. Turn heat to low and simmer until ready to assemble dish.
- Prepare your dipping stations by placing flour, milk, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. To each bowl add 1/2 tsp of black pepper and 1 tbs each of garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. To the breadcrumbs, add an additional 1 tbs of garlic and onion powder and 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Fully submerge each eggplant slice in milk mix, then into flour mix. Submerge back into milk mix then into breadcrumb mix.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add canola oil. Add breaded eggplant to skillet and fry on each side for 3-4 minutes. Lay eggplant on paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- In a baking dish, spread pasta sauce on bottom of dish then eggplant slices and cheese on top. Repeat until out of eggplant.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Created by Ashley Douglas of Frobulous Veggies