Thai Basil Pesto
Servings: 1/2 cup pesto
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups Thai basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons plain roasted cashews (or walnuts, peanuts, pine nuts, almonds)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cayenne pepper (or other peppers of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce (or salt)
- Add 1 cup of milk to the pesto for a creamy pesto sauce.
- Sesame oil adds nutty flavor to the dish. If sesame oil is not in your store or pantry substitute with olive oil.