What Information Do I Need To Apply?
- SSN and date of birth for everyone that wants to apply
- Costs of bills you pay
- Money you get from jobs and other sources
- Picture ID or other verification source for ID
- Information about value of items you pay for or own such as vehicles, money in the bank or in cash
What Does The Process Look Like?
- Submit your application
- Health and Human Services Comission (HHSC) will process your application. It can take 30-45 days for your response to come in the mail.
- If approved you will get an EBT card in the mail to access your benefits.
- Use benefits to buy groceries.
Need help with a submitted application?
- Call 2-1-1 or 877-541-7905.
- Select a language, press 2 for HHSC, press 1 to speak to a 211 respresentative.
- If you cannot reach 2-1-1, Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if the Social Services Team can assist you.
Other Food Assistance Options
NTFB’s mobile pantry travels across the metroplex! View the MP schedule here.
Use our searchable map to find a food pantry or other resources in the North Texas area. Filter your results by Location, Distance, Agency Name, or Type of Assistance.