How do I make a monetary donation?
You can make a monetary donation by donating online. Fill out our secure online donation form.
Mail a check to:
North Texas Food Bank
PO Box 676204
Dallas, Texas 75267-6204
Or by phone, call 214.330.1396
How can I make sure my donation is counted towards this calendar year?
- NTFB must receive checks postmarked by December 31st to be acknowledged for the calendar year.
- Please initiate any stock gifts by December 15th to ensure that they are processed for the calendar year.
- IRA charitable rollover should also be received mid-December for inclusion in year-end giving.
Can I make a donation in someone's honor or memory?
Yes! Every day more and more people choose alternative gift options for birthdays, holidays, memorials, faith-based celebrations and many other occasions. Make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one, or start a virtual fundraiser.
Will I get a receipt for my donation?
Yes. For online donations, you will receive an automatic receipt to your email address you provide. For donations mailed to NTFB, you will receive a thank you letter/receipt which you can keep for your personal records. You should receive this acknowledgment within 1-2 weeks after we receive your donation.
How do I send in my company's matching gift form?
Once you have verified that your company will match a gift to our organization, please send the company provided form to:
North Texas Food Bank
Gift and Development Services
3677 Mapleshade Lane
Plano, TX 75075
You can also send your matching gift information by email to GandDs@ntfb.org. Once we confirm that we have received your gift, we will complete the appropriate matching gift paperwork and send it to your company for processing.
Is my information secure?
Yes, it is. NTFB has made every effort to protect your information. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the internet. We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.
Will my personal information be kept confidential?
Yes. Personal information remains confidential and will not be shared, traded, or sold by NTFB.
How can I update my monthly, recurring gift?
As a monthly, recurring donor you automatically have a username and password and can update your payment plan and billing information online through our Gift Service Center.
All monthly donors must reset their password if it's their first time accessing the Gift Service Center.
- Login here with your username and password. If you’ve forgotten your username or password, please follow the instructions within the Gift Service Center under “Forgot Username or Password”.
- Next, you will receive an automated email and this may take up to 5 minutes. Your username will be listed in this email. Follow the link within the email that indicates: Set or reset my password now.
- You will then receive a second email and follow the link that indicates: Set or reset my password now.
- Set your new password and choose submit.
- Choose Manage Recurring Gift.
- Choose Recurring Gift Service Center to update your payment plan or billing information.
To access the Gift Service Center in the future, please bookmark ntfb.org/giftservicecenter
- If you've canceled your monthly, recurring donation and would like to start a new one, please visit ntfb.org/mealmakers
How can I be removed from the mailing or email list?
To make updates to your information, communication preferences or recurring gift information, please click here.
How long will it take before I stop receiving mail from NTFB?
It takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks to fully remove a donor from our mailing list.
How wisely will my donation be used?
95 percent of the resources donated to NTFB goes directly to supporting programs that provide food to children, seniors and families. One dollar equals three meals for our North Texas community. If you would like more information on how NTFB uses donations, please email email@example.com.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes, it is. NTFB is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Our Federal Tax ID number is 75-1785357. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
How can I find my local Partner Agency that provides food?
You can find your local Partner Agency by searching the map on our Find a Food Pantry page.
Do Partner Agencies pay for the food received from NTFB?
When a nonprofit organization joins the NTFB as a Partner Agency, they become our partner in hunger relief and getting both donated and purchased foods to the families and individuals who need them. Prior to COVID-19, Partner Agencies shared in the cost of handling this food by contributing a per-pound handling fee with the exception of perishable items such as fresh vegetables. Due to the increased demand for our Feeding Network, NTFB has waived all handling fees to ensure our partners can meet the need in the months ahead.
Who supports NTFB?
NTFB is grateful for the support given by individuals, corporations, foundations and educational, civic and faith partners. Support comes by way of donating one’s voice, time, food, and funds. This is your community’s food bank!
What are the most needed items?
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Dried or canned beans
- Whole-grain rice or pasta
- Canned tuna or chicken
- Canned fruit
- Peanut butter
- Canned soup/stew
- Cereal bars
To donate these items, host a virtual or regular canned food drive.