Get Food Assistance

See below to learn more about how to get food assistance through Senior Programs, Mobile Pantry Sites, locating a Food Pantry in your area, or by speaking to a Social Services Assistance Staff member.

Social Services Assistance staff can provide valuable information regarding SNAP and other HHSC benefits that may be available to assist with supplementing your food budget. Contact an SSA staff member through the SNAP Information page.

SNAP Information

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) addresses the nutritional needs of low-income families.

Learn More

Senior Programs

Ensuring that seniors have access to nutritious foods that meet their health needs.

Learn More

Find a Food Pantry Near You

If you or someone you know is seeking food assistance, use our agency finder below to find a food pantry near you. Please call 214-330-1396 if you need SNAP Assistance. Important: When you find an agency that interests you, we encourage you to contact them prior to visiting them to confirm their service hours and other information.

Can't find a food pantry that works for you? View our Mobile Food Distribution schedule.

Mobile Food Distribution Schedule

There's no need to register for any of the food distributions listed, it is first come first served.

NTFB food distribution participants are requested to give their name, share their family size, and provide zip code where their family resides to receive food. No proof is necessary.

Schedule Guide


Drive-Thru Distributions (Indicated by Car)

Participants are required to have a vehicle unless otherwise specified.

Fresh Route Distributions (Indicated by Carrot)

The North Texas Food Bank has recently added Fresh Route to its food distribution schedule. All Fresh Route distributions are walk ups and will only provide fresh produce.
Walk-Up Distributions (Indicated by Shoe)
Neighbors are encouraged to bring their own carts and baskets to help carry their food if they can.  

Community Missionary Baptist Cedar Hill 🚗

March 27 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Community Missionary Baptist Cedar Hill
820 East Wintergreen Road
Cedar Hill, TX 75104 United States
Read More

Community Missionary Baptist Church DeSoto 🚗

March 9 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Community Missionary Baptist DeSoto
115 W. Beltline Rd
DeSoto, TX 75115 United States
Read More

Mt Zion Church of Sandbranch 🚗

March 9 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Mt Zion Baptist Church of Sandbranch
129 Burns Dr
Seagoville, TX 75159 United States
Read More

Greater El Bethel – C.O.G.I.C. 👟

March 8 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Greater El – Bethal Church of God in Christ
517 Helen St
Garland, TX 75040 United States
Read More

People Centered Lighthouse at Upendo 👟

March 4 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
People Centered Lighthouse at Upendo
916 N Jupiter Rd
Garland, TX 75042 United States
Read More

Food Assistance and SNAP FAQs

food bank is a non-profit that safely stores millions of pounds of food that will soon be delivered to local food programs, like a food pantry. The food stored by food banks is donated from local neighbors, retailers, grocery stores, and restaurants.

food pantry is a distribution center where hungry families can receive food. Supplied with food from a food bank, pantries feed hundreds of people per week! Because every community is different, there are many different types of pantries.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.