- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chopped walnuts and dried cranberries. Set to the side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, applesauce, oil, orange zest and juice until smooth.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough with floured hands (it will be very moist) into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place the balls of dough 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies until barely golden brown for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack or plate to cool completely. Enjoy!
Tip: Makes for a great healthy holiday dessert! Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Adapted from www.eatingwell.com