Five Ways to Support Hunger Relief This Holiday Season
Everyone should be able to gather with loved ones and share a meal – especially during the holidays. But there are still nearly 700,000 people – including 1 in 5 children – facing hunger in the North Texas Food Bank service area who may be unable to put food on the table this holiday season.
No matter where we live, where we’re from or how we celebrate, coming together is what the holidays are about. And when we come together, there is no limit to the difference we can make for our neighbors facing hunger – right here at home.
As we celebrate this holiday season, let’s come together to brighten our neighbor’s home and help make sure everybody can put food on their tables – during the holidays and beyond.
We know many people are looking for ways to give back to their community, especially during this season of giving. Please see below five ways you can support the North Texas Food Bank and hunger relief and help fulfill the real holiday wish lists for our neighbors experiencing hunger.
- Make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one. A tribute gift is a great way to celebrate the holidays or honor a loved one’s legacy while helping neighbors facing hunger. Tributes can be digital or print. For print tributes, we will send a card on your behalf with the message, “A gift has been made in your honor to the North Texas Food Bank.” All print donation requests for the holidays must be received by December 10 to have in time for Christmas. Click here to make a tribute gift.
- Give back while you shop. We are grateful for the many community partners who give to the Food Bank throughout the year. And the holiday season always brings a variety of opportunities for the public to enjoy some of their favorite products, retail establishments, restaurants and more while supporting hunger relief in North Texas. Check out the promotions and campaigns that are donating a portion of their proceeds this holiday season to NTFB. Don’t forget to set up Amazon Smile if you are using Amazon for online shopping.
- Donate your time. As the need for hunger assistance remains elevated, so does the Food Bank’s need for volunteers. To learn more about the variety of volunteer opportunities, visit here: ntfb.org/volunteer.
- Support the Face of Hunger campaign. No one should face hunger alone. The NTFB Face of Hunger campaign continues through December 31. Right now, gifts are doubled thanks to generous $200,000 match from Sammons Enterprises and the Beaumont Foundation of America. $1 = 6 meals. For more information and to give this holiday season, visit FaceofHunger.org
- Donate our most needed food. If you are conducting a food drive or just want to send a few of our most-needed items, please visit our Amazon Wishlist. Some of the programs we support, particularly our Child Programs, have very specific criteria of the food they can accept, so we are always updating this list to represent our immediate needs.
This holiday season – and always – we are grateful for the support of our donors, volunteers, advocates and community partners. Thank you for your commitment to building a stronger, brighter North Texas for all this holiday season and into 2023.