- Prepare rice according to package directions, fluff with fork, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Add chicken and red pepper flakes to skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and set aside.
- Add pineapple, bell pepper, and soy sauce mixture to skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Serve chicken over rice and top with onions.
- Serve with celery, whole grain chips, pita bread or use as a topping for tacos and salads.
- Substitute black eye peas for black beans.
This material was funded by USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education – SNAP-Ed. USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.